In various roles Angie has proofread and edited a variety documents and publicity material. Not only has this included leaflets, newsletters, press releases and brochures, but since being involved with web design for over a decade, this also includes information being updated to web pages and social media.
Examples of proofreading and copy-editing projects Angie has worked on are:
- Leisure / Arts Sectors – Examples include: 8 Walks Booklet (Sustrans), Dawlish Walking Festival 2017 (Sustrans), Dawlish Cycling Booklet (Sustrans), Dawlish Celebrates Carnival Programme 2016 (2017 in development), Dawlish Poetry Competition and Trail 2015, 2016 and 2017, Poetry Exhibition and Project (Artswave Devon) and Dawlish Arts Festival Programme 2016.
- Health Sector – As a sub-contractor to Rehab Skills Limited I have provided proofreading / copy-editing services on several documents for their end clients: ISPO, WHO and IC2A.
- Chapter on Team Care in Section 1 Persepctives in the Atlas of Spinal Orthotics by Exceed Worldwide (2017)
- Sexton (Editor). Tardif C, Niang M, Amah A (2016). Prosthetics & orthotics impact assessment: West Africa: Togo and Benin. International Society for Prosthetics and Orthotics, Belgium.
- Sexton (Editor). Cochrance H, Rosario D, Singh A, Ghosh R (2015). Prosthetics & orthotics impact assessment: India and Bangladesh. International Society for Prosthetics and Orthotics, Belgium.
- Sexton S, Stills M, Chhoeurn V, Kheng S (2015). Prosthetics & orthotics impact assessment: South East Asia: Cambodia and Lao PDR. International Society for Prosthetics and Orthotics, Belgium.
- Sexton S, Jovane R, Rosario D, Castaneda M (2015). Prosthetics & orthotics impact assessment: Latin America: Mexico, Guatemala and Colombia. International Society for Prosthetics and Orthotics, Belgium.
Information searching and retrieval skills
These are provided at three levels:
- General information searching and retrieval for individuals and organizations.
- Specialized information searching and retrieval for health researchers, staff and students.
- Bespoke training for individuals/groups seeking to assess/appraise the quality of online information.
Examples of current and recent projects include:
- Coordinator of a community information centre signposting members of the public and organizations to high quality and reliable information resources.
- Assistance with the operation of an electronic helpdesk focusing on a variety of online medical resources and cataloguing e-resources.
- Designing and leading a series of grant-funded workshops for older people aimed at increasing their understanding of the quality of online information.