In various roles Angie has proof-read and edited a variety documents and publicity material. Not only has this included leaflets, newsletters, press releases and brochures, but since being involved with web design for over a decade, this also includes information being updated to web pages and social media.
Examples of proof-reading and copy-editing projects Angie has worked on are:
- Leisure / Arts Sectors – Examples include :Dawlish Celebrates Carnival Programme 2018 (Low res – 52mb), Dawlish Walking Festival 2018 , Dawlish and Teignmouth Events Guide 2018 8 Walks Booklet (Sustrans), Dawlish Walking Festival 2017 (Sustrans), Dawlish Cycling Booklet 2017 (Sustrans), Dawlish Celebrates Carnival 2016 and Dawlish Celebrates Carnival 2017, Dawlish Poetry Competition and Trail (with audio recordings) 2015, 2016 and 2017, Poetry Exhibition and Project (Artswave Devon) and Dawlish Arts Festival Programme 2016.
- Health Sector – As a sub-contractor to Rehab Skills Limited I have provided proofreading / copy-editing services on several documents for their end clients: ISPO, WHO and IC2A.
- Proof-reader World Health Organisation Standards for Prosthetics and Orthotics (2017) Part 1 Standards Part 2 Implementation Manual
- Chapter on Team Care in Section 1 Perspectives in the Atlas of Spinal Orthotics by Exceed Worldwide (2017)
- Sexton (Editor). Tardif C, Niang M, Amah A (2016). Prosthetics & orthotics impact assessment: West Africa: Togo and Benin. International Society for Prosthetics and Orthotics, Belgium.
- Sexton (Editor). Cochrance H, Rosario D, Singh A, Ghosh R (2015). Prosthetics & orthotics impact assessment: India and Bangladesh. International Society for Prosthetics and Orthotics, Belgium.
- Sexton S, Stills M, Chhoeurn V, Kheng S (2015). Prosthetics & orthotics impact assessment: South East Asia: Cambodia and Lao PDR. International Society for Prosthetics and Orthotics, Belgium.
- Sexton S, Jovane R, Rosario D, Castaneda M (2015). Prosthetics & orthotics impact assessment: Latin America: Mexico, Guatemala and Colombia. International Society for Prosthetics and Orthotics, Belgium.
Information searching and retrieval skills
These are provided at three levels:
- General information searching and retrieval for individuals and organizations.
- Specialized information searching and retrieval for health researchers, staff and students.
- Bespoke training for individuals/groups seeking to assess/appraise the quality of online information.
Examples of current and recent projects include:
- Part of a project team working on a Benchmarking Statement for Prosthetic and Orthotics Servcies in Lebanon (2021)
- Part of a team working on the OneHand Project funded by the European Commission (2021)
- Part of a research team working on National Study on mobility devices in Viet Nam – Project briefing note – National study on mobility devices in Vietnam (2018/2019)
- Membership Officer of the International Confederation of Amputee Associations – IC2A (ongoing)
- Part-time coordinator of a community information centre signposting members of the public and organizations to high quality and reliable information resources (to 2019)
- Searching for research and grants in topic areas to inform evidence based practice.
- Assistance with the operation of an electronic helpdesk focusing on a variety of online medical resources and cataloguing e-resources.
- Short term contracts assisting with literature searching requests at an NHS library
- Designing and leading a series of grant-funded workshops for older people aimed at increasing their understanding of the quality of online information.