Past projects as a free lancer
In various roles Angie has proof-read and edited a variety documents and publicity material. Not only has this included leaflets, newsletters, press releases and brochures, but since being involved with web design for over a decade, this also includes information being updated to web pages and social media.
Examples of compilation, proof-reading and copy-editing projects Angie has worked on are:
- Leisure / Arts Sectors
- Dawlish Celebrates Carnival Programme 2016 to date -latest programme Dawlish Celebrates Carnival Programme 2023
- Dawlish, Shaldon and Teignmouth Events Guides since 2018 – latest edition Dawlish, Teignmouth and Shaldon Events Guide 2023
- Town Crier (Dawlish Town Council) – latest edition Town Crier Summer 2023
- Dawlish Walking Festival 2016 to date – latest edition Dawlish Walking Festival 2023
- 8 Walks Booklet (Sustrans), Dawlish Cycling Booklet 2017 (Sustrans),
- Dawlish Poetry Competition and Trail (with audio recordings) 2015, 2016 and 2017, Poetry Exhibition and Project (Artswave Devon) and Dawlish Arts Festival Programme 2016.
- Health Sector – As a sub-contractor to Rehab Skills Limited I have provided proofreading / copy-editing services on several documents for their end clients: ISPO, WHO and IC2A.
- Proof-reader World Health Organisation Standards for Prosthetics and Orthotics (2017) Part 1 Standards Part 2 Implementation Manual
- Chapter on Team Care in Section 1 Perspectives in the Atlas of Spinal Orthotics by Exceed Worldwide (2017)
- Sexton (Editor). Tardif C, Niang M, Amah A (2016). Prosthetics & orthotics impact assessment: West Africa: Togo and Benin. International Society for Prosthetics and Orthotics, Belgium.
- Sexton (Editor). Cochrance H, Rosario D, Singh A, Ghosh R (2015). Prosthetics & orthotics impact assessment: India and Bangladesh. International Society for Prosthetics and Orthotics, Belgium.
- Sexton S, Stills M, Chhoeurn V, Kheng S (2015). Prosthetics & orthotics impact assessment: South East Asia: Cambodia and Lao PDR. International Society for Prosthetics and Orthotics, Belgium.
- Sexton S, Jovane R, Rosario D, Castaneda M (2015). Prosthetics & orthotics impact assessment: Latin America: Mexico, Guatemala and Colombia. International Society for Prosthetics and Orthotics, Belgium.
Information searching and retrieval skills
These are provided at three levels:
- General information searching and retrieval for individuals and organizations.
- Specialized information searching and retrieval for health researchers, staff and students.
- Bespoke training for individuals/groups seeking to assess/appraise the quality of online information.
Examples of recent projects include:
- Part of a project team working on a Benchmarking Statement for Prosthetic and Orthotics Services in Lebanon (2021)
- Part of a team working on the OneHand Project funded by the European Commission (2021)
- Part of a research team working on National Study on mobility devices in Viet Nam – Project briefing note – National study on mobility devices in Vietnam (2018/2019)
- Membership Officer of the International Confederation of Amputee Associations – IC2A to 2021.
- Part-time coordinator of a community information centre signposting members of the public and organizations to high quality and reliable information resources (to 2019)
- Searching for research and grants in topic areas to inform evidence based practice.
- Assistance with the operation of an electronic helpdesk focusing on a variety of online medical resources and cataloguing e-resources.
- Short term contracts assisting with literature searching requests at an NHS library
- Designing and leading a series of grant-funded workshops for older people aimed at increasing their understanding of the quality of online information.