Working as a freelance information professional Angie has worked on a diverse range of information and community projects.
These led to her current full time role as the Events, Projects and Tourism Officer for Dawlish Town Council from June 2019 to date.
Since then Angie has reduced her freelance commitments.
Past examples of projects as a freelancer include:
- Running a monthly sessions at a local memory cafe using apps aimed at those with mild to moderate dementia
- Helping manning and run an information stand at an International Conference in South Africa in 2017 and in Japan in 2019.
- ICT projects aimed at increasing people’s skills online – both in searching and learning about IT devices
- Social media for events – for example – experience of leading and delivering on events
- Assisting with successful small grant applications for organisations or charities
- Answering enquiries and requests for information on specific topics or for research
- Assisting with the operation of an electronic helpdesk for online resources
- Organising events for community organisations.
In her volunteer life Angie is also the Chairman of Dawlish Celebrates Carnival and is the leader of a volunteer event committee putting on a week long event per year including a parade.